Saturday, November 12, 2011
1 [ no obj. ] share or exchange information, news, or ideas: the prisoner was forbidden to communicate with his family.
• [ with obj. ] impart or pass on (information, news, or ideas): he communicated his findings to the inspector.
• [ with obj. ] convey or transmit (an emotion or feeling) in a nonverbal way: the ability of good teachers to communicate their own enthusiasm | his sudden fear communicated itself .
• succeed in conveying one's ideas or in evoking understanding in others: a politician must have the ability to communicate.
• (of two people) be able to share and understand each other's thoughts and feelings.
• [ with obj. ] (usu. be communicated) pass on (an infectious disease) to another person or animal.
• [ with obj. ] transmit (heat or motion): the heat is communicated through a small brass grating.
• (often as adj. communicating) (of two rooms) have a common connecting door: he went into the communicating room to pick up the phone.
The importance of communication!!
We experience it every day don't we?
How do you communicate? Do you communicate?
Talking with my friend Larissa yesterday, we reflected on this.
We all know the feeling of liberation and peace after we finally said what we wanted to say. It is not an easy task, it always depends on circumstances and the people you are talking to.
But sometimes we wait so long to say what we really think , that it becomes a weight, it becomes a living alien inside your body, it becomes a disease.
A lot of people suffers from disorders, just because they keep every concern and fear and worry for themselves.
The lack of communication turns into misconception , misunderstanding, and arguments.
Of course there are different ways to communicate. It can be by mail, text message, by phone, touch, gestures, but nothing beats the one on one.
It can be scary sometimes but it is the only true way to understand and share people feelings and thoughts.
I'm trying my best every day to communicate as best as I can, because I like that feeling of peace that I feel each time that I express my thought, or my concern and ideas. when I do that it benefits my soul and my body.
I always encourage people to not be afraid to speak up, trust me it is good for you and for the other person you are speaking to.
Be healthy, Be Happy.